Thursday, December 4, 2014

Meant To Be


He lifted me in the air
With his hands on my waist
And mine on his shoulders
Those mighty strong shoulders
That also held my head
While movies
And
During endless hours of sleep
And 
Other emotions, alike.
The way he looked me in the eye
We knew it was meant to be
Forever and always, in grief and glee
When he smiled at my smile
I couldn't resist but cry
With a deeply filled heart and pounding sigh
Those watery eyes did the talking
For words fell short.
Past few days, dipped in pain
So much pain and so much thought
Brought us together and tore us apart
Or do we just grew out stronger without knowing
Secretly praying for a moment like this
The great proverb proved right yet again
You remember what they say-
-'What's meant to be will always find its way'. 

P.S. Tune into All of Me by John Legend along with!

2 comments:

What's on that thoughtful mind?
Your views/criticism are valuable. Go ahead and share a thing or two :)